DEPARTMENT OF BIOSCIENCES
The department of BioSciences of AIMSR in a very short span of time has left an indelible mark in the region. Our aim is to develop a strong research cum academic institute and to leverage our strengths to deliver high-quality comprehensive education in the biological sciences. We are determined towards the holistic development of the students and to enable them to contribute effectively for their as well as societal welfare in this dynamic era.
B. Sc. (Biotechnology + Chemistry + Computer Science)
Scope: Biotechnology is an extremely interdisciplinary field that incorporates biological
sciences with engineering technologies. It is an innovative segment of science heading for various employment opportunities in different biotechnological segments like Environment Conservation, Agro-based Industries, BioProcessing Industry, Industrial Research and Development, Genetic Engineering, Aquaculture, Pharmaceutical / Chemical Industry.
- Value addition is ensured via certification courses in Pharmacovigilance, Bioinformatics, Clinical Research Analysis, Drug designing, and other related fields.
- MOU’s with different Biotech and Pharma companies and DBT recognized and ISO certified training centers for imparting hands-on training and internship opportunities to students.
- Students are encouraged to participate in research projects.
- Students are provided a platform through different clubs like Solaris, Srijan E-Cell, Yavnika, and Litmus, for expressing and developing their creative Innovation and leadership skills.
- Interactive classroom teaching and well-equipped labs ensure a hands-on learning environment.
- National seminars, workshops, industry visits, guest lectures by experts are arranged to familiarize students with practical world.
- In-house Communication Skills, Reasoning, Aptitude, GD, PI etc. by renowned experts of the region.
- Placements in the Private and Public sector in top BioPharma and Pharma/Chemical Companies.
- Opportunity to join Govt or private research and development organizations.
- Higher Studies from India and abroad (M. Sc., M. Phil, Ph. D)
- Industrial Research and Development
- Pharmaceutical / Chemical Industry
- Environment Conservation
- Agricultural Sector
- Agro-based Industries
- BioProcessing Industry
- Genetic Engineering
- Health Care and Medicine
Admission in the B.Sc. program is provided on the basis of a First Come First Serve basis by direct admission and CLC (College Level Counselling) admissions, grades in HSC are given preference.
Minimum 50% score in 12th standard from a recognized board of education in biology stream
Contact Details: 9630040401 / 0731-4730205