| Professor Dr. Jayantilal Bhandari is an eminent Career educator and an exponent of youth development in Madhya Pradesh, helping youths channelize their energy in right direction through career Education.
1. Professor Dr. Bhandari is a crusader and a tireless soul working towards the empowerment of the youth in the state of Madhya Pradesh for last thirty three years through his innovative experiment for vocational guidance for the unemployed and the under-employed youth. His noble efforts become remarkable in view of the fact that the young populace, which has been historically left on the margins of socio-economic gain, is always a pivot in his scheme of things. He has tried to reach the left-outs and unreachables through special camps for the young men and women of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, minorities including physically challenged persons and slum-dwellers. The path breaking efforts of Professor Bhandari has been duly recognized by the Government of Madhya Pradesh and his services were drafted in to provide career guidance for students of Government Higher Secondary Schools and Colleges. The scheme, thus, formulated under his guidance still continue to prepare the young minds to take up the challenges of the new emerging global employment market with elan. His unique experiment for career guidance and education has become a part of mainstream career development programme in most universities of Madhya Pradesh.
2. For over 3 decades, Dr. Bhandari has been actively writing in national and regional dalies on subject concerning career. He has also authored many books for Career guidance. since 1984, Dr. Bhandari made regular contributions to “pratiyogita Nirdeshika.”, a monthly career magzine, in form of articles. Innumerable students have benefited from his regular writing in ‘Rojgar and Nirman’ a weekly news paper published by Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.
3. In last 33 years, as a Professor, his contributions to the education & research have been stellar. For his outstanding work on Industrial Development of Backward area of Madhya Pradesh, he has been conferred the highest academic & research decoration in form of D.Litt. For this research initiative, Dr. Bhandari visited Malaysia under the UGC award. There The university of malaya awarded him the “visiting Fellowship”. His research work on Industrial Development in rural areas, based on the valuable experience gained in Malaysia, is widely acknowledged as the useful document. for industrial development of Madhya Pradesh.
4. For his specific contribution in Economics, Dr. Bhandari has been nominated as a member of various advisory committees by District Administration, State Govt. & Central Govt. Acknowledging his expertise of Indian economy, SEBI nominated Dr. Bhandari as a Director (Public representative) on the board of Madhya Pradesh Stock exchange for the years 1997 & 1998. In August 2000, District Administration of Indore nominated him as the Resource person on the district planning committee. Since then Dr. Bhandari has helped District Administration prepare efficient development plans for Indore. under his effective guidance, urban planning has acquired a new dimension for Indore.
5. From June 1999 to September 2001, Dr. Bhandari was a research advisor at the National Academy for Training & Research in Social Security New Delhi. As a Head of research wing Dr. Bhandari made exceptional contribution in simplification of Provident Fund Return process. During this period, he was also a member of governing body of V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, which is an apex institute for research on labour related issues in India, under the Ministry of labour. During his term there, he made important contributions to NGOs related research projects.
6. Dr. Bhandari is an ardent writer, with more then 1600 published articles in reputed Journals & leading National Hindi news papers to his credit. Subjects of his publications cover economic develpoment, industrial growth, social security and labour problems. Through his articles Dr. Bhandari has been trying to educate the people to their changing roles in a new evolving society.
7. Dr. Bhandari makes active participation in various social and cultural organizations as a mentor, a facilitator and an advisor. For his contributions to the society as an educationist, an economist and a career counselor, various social, educational and economic organizations have felicitated him time and again. Dr. Bhandari has received many awards and honours including prestigious “Career Award” given by university grant commission.